Friday, January 20, 2012

Lana Del Rey: Currently My Kurt Cobain.....

I haven't been this is excited in a long time about an artist....Elizabeth Grant aka (LANA DEL REY). She has striking old Hollywood features.. It's clear she is a fan of film noir and greatly influenced by Nancy Sinatra. With huge doe eyes and hair that is reminiscent of Bridget Bardot and Angelina Jolie Esq lips and a unique retro style to match its not so surprise to me why this beauty is climbing the charts! Unfortunately after a less than stellar performance on SNL she has lost some respect...Regardless of her performance I still adore Ms. Del Ray.....
After a long day of work and when I am reflecting and decompressing....I listen to Video Games, Blue Jeans and Born to Die and her songs for me about misplaced emotions....lingering..... Her songs remind me of the good times and the bad times of past relationships and that's what makes her so relatable. Her lyrics are a poem to a lover .....and she is singing to the soundtrack of my life right now. The melodic tone of her voice and basic yet clever lyrics takes one on a journey that is filled with passion, humility and sorrow. I feel the frustration and acceptance...ride or die point of view. It's about heartbreak....everyone has experienced that. She is a visionary....the synergy she creates with her look and the music is perfect. Lana has taken YouTube has a marketing tool....created her own video's and molded herself into this an image that has spawned into this blossoming career.  Her songs are poetic and the imagery is beautiful. Can't wait for her album to drop January 31!!!!

2 comments: